TV remote control finder!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronqqq

Hello,
I am new to this site .. Looks like a really neat place to visit.
Anyway,

I have a rather large house and 2 small children. Put the two together and your TV remote control is no where to be found!
I need a project, somewhat like a cordless phone beeper that locates the phone, But I need it for the my remote control!!!
I imagine this device to have a small transmitter and a receiver.
The reciever is attached to the remote and beeps when the transmitter is triggered. If you know where I can get a schematic please let me know.

Now where is my remote!!

Thanks for your help!
Ron

Seems to be very helpful project. 8)
But I would like to suggest you a very simple method. Buy a whistle responding key-chain from the market and attach it to your remote. Now if your remote is lost just whistle and the key-chain will respond to it by whistling back or beep. :idea:

i thought of a whisle respunde, but what about using a radio device and a directional antenna to find the remote.
arrach the transmitter to the remote and make it emitt pulses, and use a directioanal antenna so you can find it.
it will be quite fun.
thing if this: fox hunting in your house.
it is not a very prectical idea, but it is funny.

It's not a project but I saw a neet device at The Sharper Image Co. The package has 4 stick on "buttons" and a master control. You stick the "buttons" on things that disapear. When you have lost item number 1, you go to the master control and press button #1. The stuck-on button #1 starts beeping. Apparently there is a market for people with kids (oops) I mean people who loose things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…