tv screen screwer

Status
Not open for further replies.

atari7202

tv screens ocillate at a frequency or somthing like that right would it be possible to make somthing that screws the frequency im just thinking.........

Hmmm, all these questions of yours thus far, point in the direction of anarchy. Go away little child.

HiTech said:
Hmmm, all these questions of yours thus far, point in the direction of anarchy. Go away little child.

Yes, some seem to be heading towards the antisocial league at an alarming rate. Perhaps they are getting bored with all that bewildering technology all around them?
If the little child would enjoy upsetting his OWN TV for a while let him just place a big magnet on it. When he gets sick of watching the psychodelic colour bars just take the magnet away, switch the TV off and then on again. With a bit of luck it should then work as normal again.

It wouldn't be so bad if he was willing to learn this stuff on his own. Reminds me of my brother-in-law who is always trying to get me to build circuits like this - his last was a phone phreak box (a 1960s cap'n crunch tone design which clearly wouldn't work today)

Yea, magnet will not work with my TFT either Hero999. Probably scratch it up good though.

Maybe they live in an apartment and want to wack out the next door neighbors TV signal?

Or go to eat out and want to mess with the places TVs.

There is a TV B-gone or something like that, that sends out all the power code for a bunch of TVs.

Oh Brother.....

Considering that 90% of tvs are hooked up to cable, not receiving their signals thru antennas....wouldnt it be quite difficult to screw up their receiption.????
Gone are the days of nice simple anarchy using a couple of 555s and a amp. The last time I was able to do something "evil" was in college, when I built a oscillator that made the payphone in my dorm think that I had paid for my call. Bell obviously wasnt paying attention, as there were about 25 people using it to phone home all over Canada and the US... from the 1 phone and there was probibly only about .50 cents actually deposited in the coin box weekly. It was literally used for hundreds of hours of long-distance calls over a 2 year period...and nobody ever showed up from Bell to check it out.

bigkim100 said:
Considering that 90% of tvs are hooked up to cable, not receiving their signals thru antennas....wouldnt it be quite difficult to screw up their receiption.????

Try living in the real world! - 90% might be cable in the USA, but cable is FAR less common elsewhere in the world. And even in the USA satellite TV is making serious inroads into cable figures.

I bet bigkim100 meant 90% of the people do not use an antenna. I would think a very small percent use an antenna here in Florida.

Heck our RV has an auto-track sat dish on the roof. Sure the cops love it. I know my kids do. Drive and watch Myth Busters.

Not everyone is as wealthy as you.

Hero999:

I watched the BBC last night, we have BBC1-2 and now BBC America (but I there must be sat there or more channels?). We have local channels here for antenna but they provide them on the sat too..

But good point though. I thought I put "here in the states" or "here in Florida" in my comments. Sorry for the confusion. Here in Florida I know of nobody that uses an antenna (no kidding).. That was the point I meant to make.

Did the guy ever say what the TV screwer was for?? We might have been had? He has not returned.

dknguyen:

Wealthy? Sorry again I did not leave more details. "Our RV" does not mean it is mine or my families . It belongs to the company I work for. But I can use it when I need. Not rich in the money way at all (but I am in many others). If I where rich I would own the Proton PRO and buy an ICD2 not make one .

OK, maybe I would start with a cool car first and a BIG house first....

Try living in the real world! - 90% might be cable in the USA, but cable is FAR less common elsewhere in the world. And even in the USA satellite TV is making serious inroads into cable figures.

We don't have anything. We just have the standard local channels. 3, 6, 10, 15, 24, 47. We get a few other funky ones, but that is weather permitting. And you people thought i was messed up!? This guy/kid has an evil mind

DEVIL BE GONE!!!!!!!

I'm a minority I guess... just the rabbit-ears on top the TV. Don't watch that much TV. Reception is poor, maybe 6 channels, but good enough to catch the news.

mramos1 said:
I live in Florida and know of very few friends that have cable. Most are Direct TV.
Are you speaking of "The Alligator Network or Hurricane Central Network?

im not a bad anarchy kid i just want to have some fun at school with the teachers..... didnt we all want to do somthing to confuse the teachers in high school and i already have a tv be gone it is quite funny at school and at best buy

im not a bad anarchy kid i just want to have some fun at school with the teachers..... didnt we all want to do somthing to confuse the teachers in high school and i already have a tv be gone it is quite funny at school and at best buy

Yes, i admit, i have a few tricks up my sleeve. I am in the middle of building a IR Jammer. I got stuck taking Health Class. Hmm, no more movies! "Oh, crap, the remote don't work? Hmm, VCR must be broken? I guess we can't watch 'Sex gone bad'. Sorry kids.", and we will be all "Oh, thank the good lord!". Yes, lot's of fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…