tv screen screwer

Status
Not open for further replies.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

WOW! Look at those astonished faces! Will those unsuspecting people ever heal from the ill-effects of the ultimate prank? Will they require lifelong psychological treatments? Will they ever have color restored to their faces again? Such devious and underhanded anarchy that stems from that tiny, handheld device. Electronics is powerful indeed when wielded in the hands of the saavy prankster.
You want to hear of the pranks we pulled in high school? We'd heat up quarters in the shop forge, allow them to cool slightly, then slide them under the door into the hallway during change of classes. Plenty of "yeeeow"s!! Or how about drilling a small hole in the workbench top in electronics lab, then underneath the bench, attach a 2 watt resistor across a 120ac line cord. As the student turns on the circuit breaker to his bench, the resistor begins to smoke through the hole and he thinks his project has literally gone up in smoke!! We super glued the teacher's coffee cup to the desk top and when he came in to grab that cup... well? Shall I continue? My class was just short of juvenile criminals.

In my college days I had some fun though it wasn't quite so difficult. Some of the things I did:

Turn the hot water off to the shower when the room mate took too long in the shower. He always presumed he ran out of hot water. It got him out of the shower.

I lived in an apartment complex with all the doorbells at the bottom of the stairs. I wired the doorbells so I could ring the doorbell of several select apartments from inside my apartment. That had them baffled for weeks.

Way back when, you could get flashbulbs that would fit in a normal light socket. When charged with 120 vac they produced quite a show.

Putting the little flashers in lamp sockets of the neighbors. The light would go on normally and until the unit warmed up everything was fine. After a minute or two the lamp would flash.

We reset all of the clocks ahead by 3 hours so our one annoying room mate would be way ahead of himself one day. He was on the road for quite some time before he heard the time announced on the radio. We paid dearly for that.

We were college age in this apartment complex - all others were mid-20s to mid-30s and normal people who didn't understand technical things. We didn't have a lot of spare time on our hands but when we got bored we had some fun.

We raced the belt sanders in shop class. Hooked up the extension cords, then let 'em rip. It was funny!

Marks256 said:
We raced the belt sanders in shop class. Hooked up the extension cords, then let 'em rip. It was funny!
Yeah I forgot that one... we did that too!! ... LMAO!

I used to turn off just the cold water supply (from the basement) to the shower in my bud's beach house when he was using it. I could hear his angry yells 2 stories below!! His brother & I rigged the stairs knowing that sooner or later he'd get pissed, run downstairs dripping wet with a towel wrapped around him to see what was going on. He did just that and his brother yanked on the thin string, causing him to trip on the stairs along with the towel falling off. We laughed and our girlfriends did too. Boy was he pissed!

Last edited:

He He. Sounds like fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…