TV splitter LED Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hy,

I have 2 TV's to connect them to one single signal source. Normaly with one simple splitter the problem is solved ...

but I want to add one funtion to that splitter, a LED indicator for those 2 outputs & for the input.

How can I make this without any external power source? just with the signal?
Is this posible?

Adrian,

A TV signal from an antenna or from cable TV is 1/20th or less the voltage needed to light an LED. If a TV station's transmitter is right next door to you then maybe an antenna would produce enough voltage and current to light an LED.

yes, and I think the LED would be an effective short.

what are you trying to do - make a signal-signal present indicator?

The standard CATV signal is typically 6db at the demarc box of a home, give or take some. Most CATV providers adopt the outlook that they can guarantee a quality signal to reliably feed 2 tv sets. Beyond that, you are on your own to boost it for more sets/vcrs. As for connecting LEDs to a bare-bones signal, forget it. You'll screw up signal strength on some channels and the LED won't illuminate anyway. The RF signal is not something that you can rectify to simply light up an LED. However, you can make a wideband RF detector circuit that would then trigger an LED. Basically it would be a simple version of a RF bug detector.

Hello,
I need a remote control operated gate lock , please help me , i need hurry . Please help me
thanks

TV Splitter/LED Indicator

With a satellite feed wire, there is DC voltage present.
There are devices used to separate the DC voltage from the antenna or off air/cable signals and satellite signals. This device is called a diplexer. I think you can use this device to combine/separate the DC power from your line, and to run the LED's.

Here is a diagram I found. I am not sure this is what you want?

Attachments

• Diplexer.gif
    3.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…