Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Two traffic lights using LED's

Status
Not open for further replies.

branman

Hello all, for a project i have to construct a schematic of two traffic lights, simulating an intersection with red lasting 16 seconds, yellow 1 sec, and green 15 seconds, for both...i was wondering if anyone knew of any links that could help me with this, or if anyone would be able to give me assistance in the completion of this circuit. Thank you!

Do you have any experience in using PICs, LEDs and transistors - then it's an easy task. According to the size of the lights the output from the PIC could simply drive a transistor and a series of LEDs. The PIC will do the timing for you.

i only have the bare minimum of knowlede of the basics, all of the other guys are using 555's or 74193 IC's...only a few people have completed it..i dont recall them having any transistors

LED traffic lights

Here are a couple of links with standard IC's instead if PICS.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Look under Google "Led traffic lights control circuits"

Kind regards,

Raymond

Does the timing need to be exact? If not, then a 4017 (or two) + 555 IC could be the way to go, otherwise it looks like a PIC. Upon googling 74193 It looks like a binary counter perhaps (never seen this IC before). But you would probably know more about this than me.

The times were sixteen seconds red, 1 second yellow, and 15 seconds green, i figued it out using the 74193 and a JK flipflop(i forget the number) but its up and running, if anyone is interested i have it on circuitmaker... i thank everyone for the help they provided

If you don't have any experiance of building electronic circuits at all then I you could go for a PLC.

If you had a boat load of money for the devleopment software and modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back