Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

two transistor driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam2

Hello,

I am going to use the output of the following circuit to drive a 7-segment LED display:
http://www.adwojnowski.webpark.pl/leddriver.gif

I am going to need 5 displays (and 5 such circuits). Is there an IC that contains the elements that I need (shown in the picture)?

Thanks,
Adam

Attachments

• leddriver.gif
    leddriver.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 929
Well, there might be something that will work, depending on a few things.
What is the positive supply voltage? What are you driving the input with? How much current does the PNP have to pass?

Maybe a Darlington.

Attachments

• bdx53_bdx54.pdf
    39.9 KB · Views: 636
  • darlington_343.gif
    darlington_343.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 914
> Well, there might be something that will work, depending on
> a few things.
Here come the answers:

> What is the positive supply voltage?
5 V (3.3V is also available)

> What are you driving the input with?
Xilinx FPGA (probably Xilinx 4000)

> How much current does the PNP have to pass?
A few mA. It is going to drive a LED

Well, the 74LVC4245A looks like it will work provided you keep total device current below 100ma. This would mean you would probably want to limit LED current to about 18ma each. The package may be larger than you hoped for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back