Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Type of op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sM1101011

I need help identifying this op-amp. I was told it is a 'follower' with a gain of 1 but i think it is an inverting op-amp.

The output should equal to 3V [simulated value]

The problem is the inverting formula Vout = (-Rf/R1)(Vin) does not give an output voltage of 3V. Can someone please say if this is a follower op-amp and if so why.

Any calculation will be very much accepted.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
The circuit has net positive feedback, so the output will go to the positive rail and stay there.

This is the original circuit

Can you explain in more detail please

Attachments

• Making Light Dance to the Music.pdf
    291.4 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
How do i obtain the the output voltage of 3 volts [simulated voltage]

If i use 50 as the gain the output voltage will be 150V

How do i obtain the the output voltage of 3 volts [simulated voltage]

If i use 50 as the gain the output voltage will be 150V
The DC output voltage is 3V. The AC output voltage is 50 times the output voltage of the microphone, so the if microphone output voltage is more than approximately 100mV p-p, the op amp output will be clipped, due to saturation (50*100mV=5V, the power supply is 6V).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back