Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Status
Not open for further replies.

fh_kz

pls help me.urgent!!i am doing tyre pressure monitoring system..i enclose my circuit design and coding.i used to use keypad as my input value and output to LCD.now i need to use value from pressure receiver as my input.the receiver i m using is RLP434 or RLP434A.

the pressure receiver receives data wirelessly from the transmitter which get values from the sensor in the tyre.how can i change the input at the circuit and how can i change my coding according to the change.

as for output, my target end result is that if the receiver receives values range from 0 to 100 psi, output of LCD will show 'VERY LOW",at the same time,buzzer on the circuit will activate.if the values range from 100 to 200 psi, LCD will show 'LOW', if more than 200psi.it will show 'NORMAL'.

pls go thru my circuit design and coding..teach me how to make the circuit and coding works for the requirements.TQ

Attachments

• Circuit diagram.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 483
  • coding.txt
    761 bytes · Views: 228
wow, that coding is pretty bad.
You are comparing a number to an array in your check() function.
I believe the LCD_putc is for sending individual characters to the lcd, not strings.
Your buzzer will be on until a 'very low' pressure is read.
But i guess that doesnt really matter since it will all have to be changed when you actually read in the proper pressure signal.

Do you have a datasheet for your reciever?

I didnt know there were tires that needed 200psi to be 'normal'. That would be a pretty big bang if one were to blow out.

I question the wisdom of using the RLP/TLP line - especially the TLP which will be subjected to some pretty extreme stresses. But then, my guess is the instructor selected this model and not you.

how does the RF input actually get received? Where do you talk to the RLP? I don't see that at all.

yes, 200 psi is way high - I'd look for a 0-50 range.

I concur, the coding is pretty bad. there are multiple problems and a complete lack of logical orgainzation. the index to the array will be out of bounds in check, it's a valid use of an array. however, you use the identifier k in get_input as a char but globally as an array of ints. that's not a good idea. use a different identifier.

Frankly, trying to fix it looks like a waste of time. I'd just start over. think about your program as a process - what steps would you do manually? write down the sequence of steps in simple language. try to structure your program that way. keep different parts as self-contained as possible. For example, why do you initialize the LCD controller in "get_input"???? try to use function names that are actually indicative of their usage.

sory jrz126..pls verify

really sory my friend,i m not into coding but 'forced' to since the project needs it!

so how can i change my coding so that it will somehow match my requirement?

yeah...i have the datasheet of the receiver..i have attached it..pls check it out..

sory..my bad..it's not psi..but kpa..

Attachments

• TLPRLP434A.pdf
    36.3 KB · Views: 314
sory..really a mess for me engineering doing coding

actually the receiver is what the lab has..so it's like being instructed to use it..

the RF input actually gets data from a sensor which is mounted in the tire..it then sends RF to the transmitter where transmitter then sends the RF to the receiver..the receiver can receiver analag or digital data..i decided the data to be digital.oh yeah..btw..my part only starts from receiver to LCD...the sensor and transmitter part is my partner's responsibility.

oops..sory..it's kpa..not psi..my bad

frankly speaking..i'm not really into coding...but have to since this project needs coding..i m taking instrumentation and control as my major in university.

my idea of coding is that when the receiver gets data from the transmitter, it will process the data thru coding...then displays it on LCD...according to the requirement stated just now,which is..get input from receiver..identify what range of kpa it's in..then display the condition of the pressure..i really don't have basic in programming..just learning it through this project..

could you pls help me to write the coding since i m still in the learning stage of coding..TQ

If you are asking for some one to do it for you, forget it. You should do your assignments yourself. You won't be successfull when you get out of school if you don't.

If you truely want to do it yourself, then think about the individual operations (get data, test, display,...). Then look at each of these and break them into smaller units. repeat until the units are obvious how to code them.

u r right~

so how's my declaration for the data..r they alrite?where do i need to change them..

erm..what should i do on the first step to coding?because when i test run the coding..it does not show any error..i thought it is alrite...however..i have to rewrite the coding now..

how about my circuit design,is it alrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…