Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tyresize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Help

I'm going to buy some ATV tires for a robot, and I need some assistance about the size of them. The size of the tires is

25x8x12

What is what?

The link to the website is here:

**broken link removed**

Are you sure you want to put these tyres on a "robot"???

A quick session on Google took me to

where I found the following information:

There are three types of tyre ‘descriptions’ on the side wall of tyres.
1 - Imperial e.g. 7.50x16 – meaning a tyre 7.5 inches wide and to be fitted on a 16 inch wheel
2 - American e.g. 31/10.5x15 - meaning 31 inches in diameter, 10.5 inches wide and to be fitted on a 15 inch wheel.
3 - Metric e.g. 205/75x16 – meaning 205mm wide with an aspect ratio (side wall height) of 75% of the width and to be fitted to a 16 inch wheel.

Those tyres are 25 inch diameter, 8 inch wide and fit on a 12 inch wheel, they are for a full sized off-road jeep.

JimB

JimB has the correct answer. Those are some honkin' tires for a robot.

From the maxxis website: https://www.maxxis.com/products/atv/faq.asp

Most ATV tires are generally sized using the following format: AT25x10-12. The letter "R" may replace the dash to denote radial construction. The first number represents the Overall Diameter (O.D.); the second represents the section width (S.W.); and the third represents the wheel diameter. All measurements are in inches.
Note that these numbers are approximations and individual tire sizes may vary. For example, a 25x10R12 Maxxis Bighorn has the following specifications: O.D. = 25.4", S.W. = 10" (Of course, the rim diameter is 12".)

Riding lawnmower tires are commonly found with 6 and 8 inch wheel sizes.
Suggest you look into those for the smaller diameters.
Dialtone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back