Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

TYWE3S

KevinW

I have a model 70011 Intertek Sharper Image smart socket that belonged to my daughter in law.
It quit working for her so I took it home to look at it.
The set up seems to be working properly.
It manually switches but it won't sync with my wifi at 2.4 GHz.
The TYWE3S is receiving 3.3 volts, is there a method to test other pins in order to prove if the TYWE3S is actually working or maybe needs flashing or replacing?
The module I have doesn't have the test point.

1726919398475.png

Last edited:
That's a good link for the manual.
I have the app loaded and the everything works up to the point where it won't connect to the wifi.
Switch and lights work, starts to connect to wifi and then fails.
I was wanting to prove if the TYWE3S is defective.

That's a good link for the manual.
I have the app loaded and the everything works up to the point where it won't connect to the wifi.
Switch and lights work, starts to connect to wifi and then fails.
I was wanting to prove if the TYWE3S is defective.
Is your router set to connect to a. 2.4GHz device. Some routers have settings to force 5GHz only.
Or, does your router allow connections to older 802.11b protocols.

Alternatively, the website that acts as a bridge between your phone's app and the device is now defunct. Several of these device manufacturers have discontinued support because of the overwhelming effort to stay ahead of hackers to maintain security.

These same outlets have been labelled with "sharper image", "craftsman" and "kobalt" brand names (likely others as well). They are made in China and programmed by the manufacturer to ping either the manufacturers website and app or the licensee's website and app.

This is what I get when I give them the model number and inquire if the app still works.

Thank you for contacting SharperImage.com! We're happy to help you with your inquiry, but to ensure we're discussing the correct item, could you please provide one of the following pieces of information:

• Order Number (ORD)
• Phone number associated with the ordered item

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back