UC3843 smps design frequency problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineer2017

Hi,

I want to design smps with UC3843 but I have a problem. When the input voltage is changed from 60 to 40 Vdc, frequency is changes. The output voltage does not change.I added smps circuit and switching pulses. Yellow is switching pulse, blue is output of RT/CT pin. What is the problem?

Attachments

• IMG-4523.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 352
  • maxresdefault (1).jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 614
Doesn't sound like a 'problem' at all?.

It's a regulated power supply, the output should remain constant as input voltage varies, that's the entire point of it.

It's not changing frequency, it's skipping cycles. Even your 40 Volt image is skipping. For the UC3843, there should be one switch pulse (yellow trace) for each oscillator cycle (blue trace.) And, if it's properly regulating, that switch pulse should end before the oscillator signal hit's it's max value.

The fact that you have switch pulses that are equal to the rise time of the oscillator shows that values in your circuit are out of balance.

You show only the schematic for the circuit that you built, which I assume that you copied from somewhere. There are a lot of other factors that are important in building a switch mode power supply. Was there any more information from the design source giving more details? Particularly about the transformer.

My first guess about the circuit behavior is that the primary inductance of the transformer is too low with respect to the operating frequency.

It's not changing frequency, it's skipping cycles.
The TL431 lacks compensation. So it is using cycle skipping to regulate. Add compensation and you will see the duty cycle change to cause regulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…