UK residents, please sign this petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

They 'claim' that the birth rate is falling, which it was, but it's now been going back up again for the last couple of years - a point my daughter bought up at the public meeting last Monday, even producing the government figures as evidence. As with everything else, they were totally unable to respond to yet another lie they had been caught out in.

The plan is to build a new school at another village, closing their old school as well - the new school will have space for 850 kids - the existing school already has in the high 700's, and they expect to send 200-250 kids from Deincourt there as well. The LA seem a bit dumb on simple maths, they don't see a problem with 1000 kids in a school for 850, because the birth rate will have continued falling by then (the ones that their own figures show is rising!).

It doesn't matter whether the birth rate is rising or falling. The number of children in this country will continiue to rise due to immigration.

Hero999 said:
It doesn't matter whether the birth rate is rising or falling. The number of children in this country will continiue to rise due to immigration.

Well, due to emigration, myself, wife and 3 children left.

Mike.

True, but you've probably go no idea of how many people have come to this country from eastern Europe in the last five or so years. There are some areas where most people have English as their second language and even the childeren who were born here have a foreign accent.

ericgibbs said:
I hate to say this, but I believe our country is in terminal decline.
I hope that time proves me wrong as I am still a patriotic Brit, despite these comments.

I hate to say it but I believe you are right. I left 5 years ago and can't envisage going back. Life here is so much better. (still no sad smilie!!)

Mike.

I'll add,

Your right, I have no idea what it is like now. When we lived there we were in Manchester and our children went to a private school in Oldham. Riots broke out in Oldham between the Bangladeshis and Pakistanis and it became a no go area. Our house got robbed, my car got broken into 5 times in 3 years.

I now live in a rural area and most people don't lock their houses. You walk down the street and people say "Hi, how ya goin?" instead of staring at their shoes. My kids ride horses, play football (actually rugby league) and all sorts of things they would never have done in the UK. Incase you haven't guessed, I love it here.

Mike.

I'm glad you love it out there Mike, but going from Manchester to a rural area in the UK would have done much the same thing - apart from the sunshine!

I sympathize with your situation, in my part of the world our leaders have deemed it more viable to support private institutions rather than government schools, larger classes poorer standards and taxpayers money siphoned off to schools that the general public cannot afford.

The same with our universities, overseas students are granted concessions whilst internal students are given no incentive monetary or other to achieve standards necessary to even enter these institutions.

So much for the clever country, all the intellect is imported and subsidized!

Add my name to your list, we are part of the British Commonwealth, hope it helps!

Marks256 said:
Just out of curiosity, how many signatures are you hoping for? Ballpark, of course.

No idea, I'm not even hopeful that such a petition will help anything, but it's been set up, so I'm just trying to get as many as possible.

Can you impeach the school board? Aren't they supposed to operate the schools, not terminate them? Or are they school bored? Here in Canada, one reason for school closure is declining enrolment. Families are not moving in to keep the schools open, preferring home schooling or private schools at greater expense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…