Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultra-Audion Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

I have discovered that my superregen detector is equivalent to a different arrangement of an uiltra-audion oscillator with a capacitor added.

What is interesting is that if I increase the emitter-collector capacitor, I have to adjust many other components to make the circuit happy.

What I want to know is Why is it that I found a transistorized circuit in a library book, and I can't find any equivalent circuit anywhere on the web?

I would think some site has it. Also, I did try searching as well.

mstechca said:
I have discovered that my superregen detector is equivalent to a different arrangement of an uiltra-audion oscillator with a capacitor added.

What is interesting is that if I increase the emitter-collector capacitor, I have to adjust many other components to make the circuit happy.

What I want to know is Why is it that I found a transistorized circuit in a library book, and I can't find any equivalent circuit anywhere on the web?

I would think some site has it. Also, I did try searching as well.

A simple google finds plenty of information?, "ultra-audion" is simply an old (1914/1915) alternative name for a regenerative receiver.

Thats interesting, because an ultta-audion circuit I saw from a book is far different from a super-regenerative receiver.

Are you talking about the old circuit that used a vacuum tube as both an RF stage then an audio amplifier, all with a single tube? Both its functions didn't work very well.

I think MStechca has made so many random changes to a super-regen circuit that it isn't "super" anymore. It is just a regen circuit that either oscillates all the time or has a low sensitivity depending on the incoming signal's strength and the battery's voltage.

You guys are so funny :lol:

If I made completely random changes, parts would have blown up by now.

I make changes one part at a time.

I think that after looking at some sites, at least 2/3 capacitors help form a colpitts oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back