Ultra-Audion Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstechca

I have discovered that my superregen detector is equivalent to a different arrangement of an uiltra-audion oscillator with a capacitor added.

What is interesting is that if I increase the emitter-collector capacitor, I have to adjust many other components to make the circuit happy.

What I want to know is Why is it that I found a transistorized circuit in a library book, and I can't find any equivalent circuit anywhere on the web?

I would think some site has it. Also, I did try searching as well.

A simple google finds plenty of information?, "ultra-audion" is simply an old (1914/1915) alternative name for a regenerative receiver.

Thats interesting, because an ultta-audion circuit I saw from a book is far different from a super-regenerative receiver.

Are you talking about the old circuit that used a vacuum tube as both an RF stage then an audio amplifier, all with a single tube? Both its functions didn't work very well.

I think MStechca has made so many random changes to a super-regen circuit that it isn't "super" anymore. It is just a regen circuit that either oscillates all the time or has a low sensitivity depending on the incoming signal's strength and the battery's voltage.

You guys are so funny :lol:

If I made completely random changes, parts would have blown up by now.

I make changes one part at a time.

I think that after looking at some sites, at least 2/3 capacitors help form a colpitts oscillator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…