Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasnonic sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepakrajchris

Am using SRF05. . . .The datasheet timing diagram shows digital echo output...
But i read that the output is sine wave which is amplified and given to comparator to generate pulse. . . .Which one is right. ..

From the datasheet that CowboyBob linked, I gather that the echo output is a digital on/off signal that should be fed directly into a microcontroller. You must program the microcontroller to send a 10 μs pulse into the SRF05's trigger input pin. After the SRF05 receives the input signal, it will emit a 8 cycle 40 kHz burst. Shortly after that, the echo output will go to its high state (i.e. 1). The amount of time the echo output pin stays high tells you how far away the object is. You must program your microcontroller to measure the amount of time the echo output pin stays high after it sends the trigger input signal and then convert that time to distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back