Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ultrasonic cleaning KERRY

Status
Not open for further replies.

bts

Hello,

I just start to try using an old ultrasonic machine in my warehouse to clean some PCBs.The model is KERRY USC475/2HP. I have no idea about using this machine and from the research i did on the internet i can say that this is a 2 tank cleaner. The first stage is filled with the correct liquid to clean via ultrasonic and the 2nd tank is for rinsing. I found that my machine is perhaps vapour rinsing.
My question is how i do the rinsing of the Pcbs. i am thinking that i have to fill the tank with water, it is heated up and the vapour will rise up on the PCBs. Than on the top part i have like a cooling coils around the tanks.. What are these cooling coils for and can someone please give me some instructions how to use this.
Thanks and willing to hear from some of you.

Kerry Ultrasonics

You have a vapor degreaser. You need to put a vapor degreaser solvent in it. Methylene chloride, normal propyl bromide, trichloroethylene and others are what's needed. Water won't do anything.

You might want to contact the manufacturer: **broken link removed**

ken

Thanks for the reply, Yes i do have a solvent: Vigon US. I am using this solvent on the ultrasonic tank. Do i have to use the other solvents you mentioned on the other tank ie: the vapour rinsing tank? or i will keep using water. And what is the purpose and how is the cleaning being done on the vapour rinsing tank. I cannot understand how the vapour will clean it and what is the purpose of the cooling coils on the top of the tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back