ultrasonic motion sensor receiver side qns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

legolaslee

can anyone show me a simple schematic without relay for ultrasonic receiver? i have no problems with the transmitter side.

Probably a light or buzzer. Can i just remove both the transistors and relay, and replace it with a light or buzzer?

Probably a light or buzzer. Can i just remove both the transistors and relay, and replace it with a light or buzzer?

hi,
The CA3140 is used as a comparator, its output is either high or low.

If you want to drive a light or buzzer I would use a transistor driver for the buzzer.

What type of buzzer or light do you want to use.? it matters...

Those kind of light that is able to shine at a person from head to toe. And a buzzer loud enough to alert the neighbours.

Hey anyway, is this https://info.hobbyengineering.com/specs/DIY-k49.pdf possible to use as the receiver part?

This is a ultrasonic detector circuit.? you asked for an ultrasonic receiver,?

If you want a buzzer/light to meet that requirement I would say you do need a relay.!

Is this for intruder detection, inside or outdoors.?

Last edited:
Sorry i didnt explain it properly.

I'm doing a ultrasonic motion sensor circuit to detect burglars to be built outdoor. Let's say a person walk pass the sensor, the light will shine on him.

Sorry i didnt explain it properly.

I'm doing a ultrasonic motion sensor circuit to detect burglars to be built outdoor. Let's say a person walk pass the sensor, the light will shine on him.

hi,
No problem.
The circuit in the link you posted should work OK.
I would recommend a relay to drive the lights/buzzer.
The relay will give electrical isolation and also have the abilty to switch say a 150Watt mains powered security light, you can also buy mains powered sirens.!

The problem with ultrasonics outdoors is 'wind' it can cause the detector to pick up false echo's, it will drive you crazy.

Why dont you consider the PIR [passive infra red] ready built detectors with a ready fitted security light.??

EDIT: like this.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Haha i see. Thanks dude!

I'm using infrared sensor for another part of the circuit. So don't wanna duplicate another one.

I'm using the infrared sensor for the main door part. If a burglar enters by the door, the infrared sensor will detect him and hence, the buzzer will sound and will alert the police through wireless technology.

I'm using the infrared sensor for the main door part. If a burglar enters by the door, the infrared sensor will detect him and hence, the buzzer will sound and will alert the police through wireless technology.
hi,
Can I ask your location...

BTW I'm not a burglar on the look out for easy marks!.

Haha okay. Am from Singapore.

In that case the Police will most likely get there before the intruder leave the premises.

In the UK, IF they eventually arrived, they would say 'if he comes back call us again',,, thats what you call a real 'cop out!'

In the UK, IF they eventually arrived, they would say 'if he comes back call us again',,, thats what you call a real 'cop out!'

There was a woman I used to know, older then me, but blond and very attractive - didn't look her age at all - and she ran a small shop, selling cheap jewellery etc. Coincidently, her shop used to be next door to the cafe I go for my breakfast on the way to work.

One night, late on, she received a phone call from the police to say her alarm was going, so she jumped in her car (as did her Alsatian dog) and drove to the shop. She got to the shop to find a police car outside, with two policemen sat in it - so she unlocked the shop door and opened it for the police to enter - to which they replied that they wouldn't go in, in case a burglar was still there, and SHE had to go in on her own. So she went back to her car and fetched the Alsatian, they then told she wasn't allowed to send the dog in - she had to go in herself, alone!.

Fairly reasonably she told the police were to stick their helmets, and sent the dog in regardless - luckily it was a false alarm.

I work in the service department for a TV shop, and we've had various alarms over the years - in ALL cases, the police have refused to enter until a civilian has checked the premises are empty and safe.

Gives you real confidence in your police force - but if you're driving at 31mph in a 30mph limit you're in BIG trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…