Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ultrasonic proximity sensors: range problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob24

i bought an ultrasonic proximity sensor kit. i was planning to attach it to my car until i found out that the range that i covered was not the one i wanted. is there and way that i could increase the range of my system?

i am currently using a MA40L 1R and MA40L 1S as my receiver and transmitter.

your help is much appreciated :)

Attachments

• ultrasonic PS (2).JPG
    ultrasonic PS (2).JPG
    784.3 KB · Views: 243
  • ultrasonic PS (3).JPG
    ultrasonic PS (3).JPG
    757.9 KB · Views: 278
  • ultrasonic PS.JPG
    ultrasonic PS.JPG
    560.4 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
You need to post the actual and desired range as well as the circuit diagram and info about supply voltage.

Boncuk

The one range finder sensor i worked was haing the reference voltage for the detection in it. I can able to increase or decrease the range according to reference voltage set.

Check out whether you are having that option or not. Try to reduce the reference voltage if it is there.

Vikas

I still don't know which range you want.

Best bet: Change to a radar transceiver.

The module puts out a frequency of 44Hz/1kmh (which needs to be amplified because of the low voltage value of 300mV)

It is availabe at Pollin Electronic - Elektronik, Technik und Sonderposten (order number 120422) and costs just 12€ (US$17.40)

The datasheet is written in German. If you need any assistance translating it I'll be glad to help.

On the other hand - ultrasound transducers are pretty sensitive. I built a circuit some 30 years ago which reacted on moving an eye brow at 3m distance.

If you happen to have a cleaner circuit diagram this help more than 1,000 photos of the board.

Boncuk

Attachments

• RADAR_SENSOR_RSM_1650.pdf
    582.3 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
proximity sensors

If you are looking for reliable information about **broken link removed**, other sorts of sensors or switches, you should look at Madison Company's website.
I hope that this helps

If you are looking for reliable information about **broken link removed**, other sorts of sensors or switches, you should look at Madison Company's website.
I hope that this helps

I guess that's not the kind the OP is going for. Using it with the car I imagine he wants to use it as parking aid to measure distance between obstacles and the car.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back