Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Under cabinet lighting project. Battery to (AC)wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

immax01

Just joined and im getting great info from this forum.
I want to install under cabinet lighting, for cheap! So i want to purchase battery powered, LED puck lights, and run them on wall power rather than on the 3 AAA batteries. I am extremely new to electrical work, but otherwise handy. I intend to use a wall wart but i dont know what voltage to use, nor how much current. I want to connect 4 of these lights to one switch and one power source. I appreciate any direction and help. Thanks a lot!!

Amazon.com: Rite Lite LPL623W 5 LED Puck Light 3 Pack - White: Home Improvement
**broken link removed**

I wouldn't buy cheap Chinese LED lights without seeing if they are bright enough and seeing reviews of them that say how long they last.

3 AAAs means that the intrinsic fixtures would prefer to operate on ~3.5 to 4.7V. A 5V 300mA retired cell phone charger would run several of these fixtures.

Caution: anything designed to run on AAAs will be marginal for undercounter illumination. I just went through this. I used 12V 10W lamps spaced about every three feet, and those are about right. I mounted a 150VA transformer in the attic to run these.

I might buy the Sylvania ones. They are much more reputable.
Osram in Germany bought Sylvania. In Europe the lights are made very well in Germany. In North America they import cheap Chinese copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back