Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

unipolar output problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh17g

I am using AD 9833 to generate sinewave. The output of this IC is 0.6V(p). So its a sinewave whose mean is 0.3V and signal goes from 0 to 0.6 V instead of -0.3V to 0.3V
I am planning to ampllify this signal using an opamp. Operating frequency upto 5MHz.
So, I need a unipolar opamp. Please give me suggestions.

I tried puttting a capacitor at the output. But as I want output at 5MHz, the capacitor(100Uf) attenuates the frequency above 10KHz. So we need an opamp with single polarity.

I tried puttting a capacitor at the output. But as I want output at 5MHz, the capacitor(100Uf) attenuates the frequency above 10KHz. So we need an opamp with single polarity.

No you don't - why would you try and use a 100uF for 5MHz?.

There's really no such thing as a 'unipolar' opamp anyway - almost all opamps work on either single or split supplies.

You should try a different capacitor. Like maybe a 10nF (0.01µF). I think in your application a ceramic cap would do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back