Unique fav and least fav electronic activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krumlink

My favorite activity that is very unique and special, is putting gear systems back together, like in servos and gear reductions. My least favorite is trying to free form components together.

List your favorite electronic activity that is unique and your least favorite electronic activity that is unique

why? I am not spamming this, this is a actual and real question, and I wanted to know what other people enjoy about electronics!

Here is an idea.
Dust off that inchworm and give programming another try.

Come on Krumlink.
You can do better.

You know questions like these never go well on these forums, and the **** chat thread is really a bit... less arbitrary that YOU would like it to be.
Threads like these just take up server space, and you know that.

How about this? Why don't you try something. Before every post, think:
"Is this post useful?" - in the same sense as question two:
"Will someone else, as well as I, have a chance of gaining knowledge from this thread?"
"Would HiTech like this post?"
"Will this thread just take my precious robot/tinkering time away? Or help me solve a problem which is keeping me from my robots/tinkerage?"
"Will Nigel be ready to put up his National Holiday decorations when he reads my thread?"

There are more questions you should ask yourself, but I think if your thread idea gets past the few I outlined-- then you should post.
-Omar

I just wanted to know what everybody was up to and what they like to do with electronics that is special, jeez!

If you have an idea for a robot, pm me

Technically, you didn't ask that. You asked what everyone's favorite activity and least favorite activity, regarding electronics is.

What you said in your previous post, that may have been somewhat interesting (what projects people are up to).

But not this.

fine have nigel delete this thread, I got no positive feedback anyways.

I just asked a simple question, and I get attitude. For example you could say:

I like etc and I dont like etc.

This kind of thread requires feedback, not "constructive criticism". This thread doesnt need it.

Krumlink said:
I want to, but I am waiting on the other header to the cable.

I assume you ordered several headers. If so you can make a entire new one when it arrives.

For now you can slap a PIC on a solderlesss breadboard and use the one ended cable to connect to the inchworm. Solder solid wires to the other end so you can plug them intio the breadboard. Keep the cable under six inches including the wires you added.

If you use a PIC with an internal OSC like the 16F88 all you need are 4 wires from the programing cable. Power, GND, bypass cap, 1 resistor and a diode. (see Bill's poste)

Well, I like (love) writing code.
I like putting together the circuits that allow me to write code.
I hate chores, fortunately I don't have many.
I love pinball and have a new one arriving in 2 weeks. Wahoo.
Basically, I love learning.

You have a wonderful quest for knowledge. Don't let them beat you down.

Mike.

I like the programming side

I hate the exposing/etching/mixing chemicals/drilling side (especially on big batches of boards)

picbits said:
I like the programming side

I hate the exposing/etching/mixing chemicals/drilling side (especially on big batches of boards)
Dang, I wish I knew of someone closer to where I am like you! Seems like our complimentary interests could fuel a good collaboration. As much as I like the "thinking" part of electronics and programming, I'm starting to get more of a buzz for the physical over the cerebral end of things.

That said, I just wish I had a better focus, a clearer sense of the incentives for building things. I've spent so much of my life essentially in a practice room - studying, thinking - that socializing ("networking") has become a problem. I just don't know how to get together with the people who might be interested in the things I'm interested in. That's either because I've grown anti-social (which I don't think so - I'm really a nice guy!), or my interests have just become weirder and weirder over the years (which seems more likely: I was pretty weird to start with).

I like laying out PCBs. Sort of like a gig saw puzzle. With the good transfer paper and the CNC, drilling and etching are not bad.

Firmware is not as much fun as it used to be. It takes some effort to convince myself that I want to write code. Once I start coding it is OK. Too many long hours at work took some of the fun out of it.

These days my favorite has to be teaching the kids. It is surprising what they can do. I have a 12 year old that can solder as good, maybe better, then I can. When I can keep her focused.

my favourite is learning or occasionally working out solutions to problems [that are of my own making]
my least favourite is fighting tiredness and dwindling effort to actually build any finished project once i know how to do it.

p.s. well said Pommie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…