unknown components?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have 7 components i have salvaged from old broken stuff that im not sure on their use. no1 is a green resistor like thing with bands from thicker end brown brown silver no2 is a glass tube with two metal prongs inside it no3 is a green disc ceramic like part with sck 2r55a written on it nos 4 to 7 are blue disc ceramic like parts with uk ah102m or sec 222m se written on them thanks for your help it is very much appreciated

Attachments

• IMGP5151.JPG
    334.3 KB · Views: 1,355
They are suppresser components out of a mains filter - none are of much use to you.

102 is a 1000pF capacitor, and 222 is a 2200pF capacitor - both special filter rated ones.

The more greenish coloured one might be an inrush current limiter or PTC resistor,

Measure it with an Ohm meter, if it measures >10R then it's an current inrush limiter, <1R it's a PTC resistor, if it's open circuit then it's a capacitor.

Why do people post very fuzzy pictures from a kid's cheap cell phone?
Why not use a camera set for closeups?

Looks like #2 is a neon bulb.

Why do people post very fuzzy pictures from a kid's cheap cell phone?
Why not use a camera set for closeups?
It is much more challenging for us to guess the items in the "contest" then.

Connect the neon in series with a 0.5W 100k resistor is you want to connect it to 230VAC, use 47k for 120VAC.

1 might be an inductor, it's difficult to know without seeing it close up and testing it with a DVM.

sck 2r55a: SCK means "Surge Current Killer".. the rest are value.. it is resistor and capasitor at thesame time it depend how to apply it ,i love this electronic device

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…