Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown device type - CCS compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

i2c2k

hi!

i used the ccs-compiler for PIC18F458 the first time with "#include <18F458.h>" to include the device. But when i tried to compile it, the error "unknown device type" ocurred on the line "#device PIC18F458" in the "18F458.h".
With other devices (e.g. the PIC16F876) there is no problem.
The "PIC18F458" is included in my device list. how can i fix the problem?

thank you!

cya
i2c2k

CCS uses different compilers for PIC16 and PIC18 devices. Probably the compiler you own is only valid for PIC16.

well... this might be a possibility. but i found the files "pcb.dll", "pch.dll" and "pcm.dll" in the "dll"-directory. and "pch.dll" is used for the PIC18-devices as i found out in the help file.
but something i didn't find in the help file was, how i can select the .dll to choose, when the compiler can't choose is itself. but i think i'd have to look for the solution somewhere else...
don't have some other ideas...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back