Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown IC's In H-Bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I was watching a video and there was an H-Bridge (24V-30A) with Good breaking and protection.
so i decided to do reverse engineering on that bridge since i dont have that bridge but only the bottom view i figured out the two main Mosfet driving Ic's were IR2109 but there are two more Ic's 14-Pin(DIP) package and i was amazed that one side of each ic is left unconnected except the power pin so please have look at the picture and tell me if someone can guess the IC and tell me the working of it-H-Bridge is using 3-Pins for Interfacing 1-ground and others are PWM i guess.The ShutDown Pin And Input Pins Are Passed through these Ic's.
Thanks In Advance.
H_bridge.JPG

Hi,
I was watching a video and there was an H-Bridge (24V-30A) with Good breaking and protection.
so i decided to do reverse engineering on that bridge since i dont have that bridge but only the bottom view i figured out the two main Mosfet driving Ic's were IR2109 but there are two more Ic's 14-Pin(DIP) package and i was amazed that one side of each ic is left unconnected except the power pin so please have look at the picture and tell me if someone can guess the IC and tell me the working of it-H-Bridge is using 3-Pins for Interfacing 1-ground and others are PWM i guess.The ShutDown Pin And Input Pins Are Passed through these Ic's.
Thanks In Advance.
View attachment 72861

Hi Airian_007,
Have a look at this datasheet.....see attachment
Unfortunately I dont have enough info from your pic....eg where pin one is?....also is there any manufacturers logo on your chip?
I know my "guess chip" is a surface mount ic and not a DIP ic as on your pcb and also that the SD pins don't make much sense circuit wise,.... but it may help guide you to perhaps the correct chip that you require as it does relate to H-bridge protection and IGBT/MOSFET drives etc.
Also it has 4 pins not used along one side, which is unusual as you state.
let me know how you get on,
hope this helps,
Rotarymaker

Attachments

• pc928_ej-181753.pdf
    353.1 KB · Views: 404
Hi RotaryMaker Thanks For Your Time Its Actually not a surface mount its a dip14 package and yes SD and IN doesn't give much info.
i have two more Pics that may help in guessing the pic.and i believe that the only pin connected on one side is 14th pin and it should be Vcc pin.
HB.JPGhb2.JPG

i have few more pics but unfortunately i could't find any clue but that may help others to have a guess about these ic's

hb5.JPGhb3.JPGHB.JPG

"Two Ic's In Center"

Last edited:
Its Actually not a surface mount its a dip14 package

Yes Airian, I understand that your chip is a dip14 package....thats why I replied
" I know my "guess chip" is a surface mount ic and not a DIP ic as on your pcb"

What I was trying to say, was that it may be an idea to look along the lines of that type of chip that I found on a very quick search that I had for you via the web.

Unfortunately your new pics are not in great focus or in detailed resolution so they dont help that much in finding your ic.

What is confusing me is, I can see roughly that there are markings / writing and logos on the top of these ic's. Can you post a good infocus closeup picture of the top of one of these ic's?.....or quote here what markings/numbers/letters you see on the ic?
Also if you cross check the manufacturers icon logo on top of the ic with this site
Code:
http://www.advanced-tech.com/ic_logos/ic_logos.htm
you will at least have a good starting point of the manufacturer of the ic which certainly will narrow down your search field.

hope this helps a little more,
let us know,
Rotarymaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back