Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unknown Transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cne

Hello,

I pulled a transformer out of a piece of equipment and I need to know the current rating. I tested it with a voltmeter and the output is 40vAC center tapped. The fuse on the device it came from is rated at .5A. The primary is 120vAC.
My question is, what is the current rating of the secondary?

Thank you in advance,
Cameron

Measure the size/weight and find a similar transformer to find the VA rating. Divide the VA rating by 40 to get the current.

Mike.

Since the primary fuse is rated 0.5A it's likely the transformer VA rating is no more then 60VA. That would make the current rating of the secondary a little more that 1A.

.....and if you do call it 0.5A, try running it with various test loads up to that figure and checking at each stage for signs of over-heating of the tranny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back