Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unusual Halt whilst debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Dear All,

Sorry for the lack of information but I am not even sure where to start looking.

I coded an 18F2550 to use SPI + DS1306 in assembler (via a JuneBug) and it worked fine.

After a break in ASM to do a bit of C I thought I would revisit the previous code and convert it to C.

Running the original code (which used to worked fine) it is starting to demonstrate strange behaviour.

If I just Compile + Program + Run the code it halts at the same location every time ($13A), if I pad that area of code with NOP's and do the same again it still stops at the same location.

I have confirmed that there are no breakpoints in the code.

I can only assume that there may have been something in my previous C projects that have messed up the IDE?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Regards

Mark

It could be you have stumbled into the dreaded phantom breakpoint bug. If you switch from the PK2 to the simulator or the other way around with any breakpoints set they will become PHANTOM. They are there and enabled but you can not see or get rid of them The only fix I know is to remove the workspace file, it is ok to keep the project file.

Could be fixed in 8.14 but I have not had a chance to try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back