URGENT GLCD trouble !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
watzmann said:
no ..........i'm
Hahahaha! Watzmann! I win! **broken link removed**, and I had to write my own code - no libraries.

Of course the minute you get yours working with libs, you'll be way ahead of me again. I still have to write all that library functionality from the ground up.

I got mine working last Christmas. This is on a 16F886 using asm.
**broken link removed**

Mike.
P.S. Sorry, can't help with the Micro C libraries.

Last edited:
o.k ,in which comilar can you help.

i'm using proton too

here is my schematic

Attachments

• glcd.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 383
lollllllllllll ,

thank you for this nice link , all is clear now

i looked at the file attached with futz project , but i don't how to modify the control port

anybody knows ?

AtomSoft said:
and i read you skimmed futz lol
Heh I just wanted to check if I was way off base with the way I was doing a couple things. Turned out I was pretty much right on, so I kept going. Oh, I did make one small change in my read algorithm. Pommie's code showed me one little detail I was doing wrong.

Pommie! Stop with those annoying ultra-neat breadboards. Makin us all look bad... grumble... grumble...

futz said:
Pommie! Stop with those annoying ultra-neat breadboards. Makin us all look bad... grumble... grumble...
Sorry, I was actually trying to show of my jingle bells - I drew them - well, copied them of the internet, but, I did convert them to monochrome.

Tomorrow, I'll take a picture of one of my early boards. That'll shock ya.

Mike.

I know this is way off topic but just wanted to show pommie that looking at his bboards inspire.(rs232 with junebug) (trying to be as neat as pommie)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

EDIT: By all means copy this layout works 100% but you need to add 5v+ to pin 16... (image wasnt completed)

Last edited:
OT, looking at your Junebug reminds me. I've got a 3.3V solution. Managed to program a 24FJ16 today, just a couple of diodes on the PGC & PGD and some fancy EEPROM footwork. Anyone have some C30 code to share for testing?

Also made my own terminal app:
**broken link removed**

Oh yeah futz: im soon to be making my own junebug portb mod. But kind of in a different direction but no details yet i hop when my parts come in and its done you all will approve lol

AtomSoft said:
Oh yeah futz: im soon to be making my own junebug portb mod. But kind of in a different direction but no details yet i hop when my parts come in and its done you all will approve lol
Be sure to look at the Firefly PortB Mod before you go ahead. You probably already have though.

AtomSoft said:
I know this is way off topic but just wanted to show pommie that looking at his bboards inspire.
Hehehe Those are so straight!!! Did you use a ruler?

blueroomelectronics said:
OT, looking at your Junebug reminds me. I've got a 3.3V solution. Managed to program a 24FJ16 today, just a couple of diodes on the PGC & PGD and some fancy EEPROM footwork. Anyone have some C30 code to share for testing?
Here's a simple four LED blinky program for 24HJ12GP202
View attachment blinky.c

yeah ive seen it multiple times.. i dont know why but i always have to keep looking there lol i love the pictures. They Draw me in i actually have to goto postal office tomorrow to pick up my camera. Ill try to make some nice pictures also but no promise it will be as nice as yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…