Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzedbison

I need to know how to use the D+ and D- pins for USB communication on the Atmel ATC51 series :mu:Cs, specifically wrt opcode (datasheet and user manual don't have much). If anyone has any useful links/info on this, I'd really appreciate it if you could post it here. Thanks.

the d+ and d- are used for differential data transmission (or whatever it is called in english, sory, not native). The meaning of that is that when d+ is high, d- is low and vice versa. Also, there are standards for cross-points of the signals, etc. You can find it @ www.usb.org the document, which you need is called "ellectrical characteristics" and considered to be the most borring piece of text to read. :)

I don't think 8051 can do it, specially not one like the AT89C51, because the processor throughput wont be enough... the nearest alternative would be an AVR like the ATMEGA16

well, I've heard that you can do USB with Microchip PIC family ... Which looks like a very good alternative to 8051 ... :) not sure, though.

lexter said:
well, I've heard that you can do USB with Microchip PIC family ... Which looks like a very good alternative to 8051 ... :) not sure, though.

Some PIC's have internal USB hardware (mostly 18F series and above), but AVR's can do it as well, apparently there are examples on AVRFreaks.

depending on what else you need to do with the 8051, the TI CC1111 has USB, single cycle instructions and a 3 ISM band transciever for around US$4.50. You just can't buy them at the moment as they seem to be very popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back