Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broz

I'm not sure this is the right place for this, but I'm using micro-controllers in my projects so it seems appropriate. I would like to create a device that has its outputs sent to a PC via USB and it would behave similarly to a keyboard, but with only a few outputs (keys) available. I've never made a device that interfaces with a computer before and USB is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm sure there is some protocol I have to be aware of, plus I would need to create a USB driver for the device. Is this something an amateur like myself could do and what resources (reading material, software, equipment, etc.) are available to get me started?

Thanks

I have used the HID keyboard example found here with success:**broken link removed** I used an 18F4550 and 18F2550.

For keyboard

There is one basic application that could fit the bill.

Look for Brad Minch's (Olin College). One of the four USB applications he wrote is what you could use. It was written in Assembler (and maybe in C as well).

I tested the Assembler version. It works in the first try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back