Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Usb replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonifacio

Hey there,

I'm hoping to replace the USB input for this led lamp, I know very little about electronics aside from plug n play pc builds. Are there ready made replacement parts available for this sort of thing? Or do I have to learn to solder circuits?

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

Attachments

• 20200903_080240.jpg
    20200903_080240.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
  • 20200903_080229.jpg
    20200903_080229.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 145
  • 20200903_081652.jpg
    20200903_081652.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 144
Or do I have to learn to solder circuits?
To be honest, you get probably nowhere without being able to do soldering.

If you have an old cell phone laying around, ig should have the same usb plug. However you need to verify the pinout are correct.

You can look for a "USB Breakout board" like this one from Sparkfun. Chances are the mounting holes won't line up, and it may take a little digging to find a micro-b connector, but you'd have to do is solder the power leads to the right pads.

Alternatively, you could get a long USB cable, the B end off, run the cable through a hole in the lamp,, and splice the wires together.

SmartSelect_20200903-083925_Firefox.jpg

To be hones, you get probably nowhere without being able to do soldering.

If you have an old cell phone laying around, ig should have the same usb plug. However you need to verify the pinout are correct.

Fair point, ill crack and old cell open and see what i can do. Looks like I'll have to pick up a soldering kit either way. Thanks for the advice!

You can look for a "USB Breakout board" like this one from Sparkfun. Chances are the mounting holes won't line up, and it may take a little digging to find a micro-b connector, but you'd have to do is solder the power leads to the right pads.

Alternatively, you could get a long USB cable, the B end off, run the cable through a hole in the lamp,, and splice the wires together.

View attachment 126811
Great, thanks for the product recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back