Using C Coding

Status
Not open for further replies.

rag's

Hello everyone,
I'm plannin of doing a project tat can be controlled from a computer..To be more clear..Like i ve seen a guy who controlled a toy car using the arrow keys of a keyboard..When i asked him he said "i designed the circuit using IC's and then fitted it in the parallel port of my PC..I wrote a c coding.Then on executing the program i am able to control it"..Something similar to this..Basic hardware+a softwareAny ideas???

Last edited:
Without knowing what you know and what you are trying to do no one can answer your question.

Try looking at the USB-Bitwacker (UBW) link in my signature. It shows how you can write Basic code on the PC to control a PIC that controlls your project.

Not PIC an all...Like i ve seen a guy who controlled a toy car using the arrow keys of a keyboard..When i asked him he said "i designed the circuit using IC's and then fitted it in the parallel port of my PC..I wrote a c coding.Then on executing the program i am able to control it"..Something similar to this..Basic hardware+a software

Your original post did not say anything about using the printer port, it is bad form to edit it after the fact. OK to add info, not to change the flavor of the question/post.

Try googling for the info you need. I know P H Anderson has some info on it.
Some is free others not.

Why not use USB and a PIC? The printer cable will be a bear to drag around.

What exactly do you want the car to do. Do you need to reverse the car. Do you need proportional control. Do you know what an H-Bridge is ?

I have no idea what you are capable of or if the project is too complex for your skill set. This is often the case.

Last edited:
Some years back we did an exact project like that.... and I used no microcontrollers in it. No PIC no AVR.

We used UM95089 DTMF generator on the transmitter side. Our Sw on the PC wrote controll words on the parallel port. The 95089 chip conneted there converted it to a DTMF tone which we 'aired' using a FM transmitter.

On the receiver, we had a FM receiver that received the tone, converted it back to that digital word using the chip UM8870. That word served as input to the H-Bridges that finally controlled the motors.

95089 can be hard to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…