Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

UVEPROM programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gainsbarre

Hi guys,
I'm using a "UVEPROM(M2716)" for a little project (led Matrix) and i need to save information into the UVEPROM... my question is: Do i need a special "programmer"(circuit, algorithm) for that purpose? Is it posible to "save" information into the UVEPROM with nothing but a clock?

To program a 2716 you have to setup the correct address and data on the pins, apply 25V to the Vpp pin and take /CS low. Repeat this for the 2048 locations and you have a programmed chip. If you google, there are a few programmer designs on the net.

Mike.

Thanks for your answer Mike. I decided to use a RAM instead of a UVEPROM. Why? I can "store" the information with the same 5[V] of supply and no special circuit needed.

RAM will lose it's data when the power is off.
Geeez....Bill! You're such a buzzkill(LOL). We forgot to mention that a 2716 is probably a valuable museum piece, and the antique EPROM programmer might command a few bucks on Ebay. At least it wasn't a 2708 requiring three voltages for operation or a 1702 requiring a 50V programming pulse.

It might also be decent of us to mention the possible use of flash memory for the OP's application.

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer Mike. I decided to use a RAM instead of a UVEPROM. Why? I can "store" the information with the same 5[V] of supply and no special circuit needed.

hi,
You could use a Non Volatile RAM NovaRam.
Whats you location.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back