Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

variable series and parallel pickups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the cracken

i was wondering if it were possible to make a circuit that could vary my guitar pickups. this is a bad explanation but hold on... :confused: i can switch my guitar pickups from parallel to series and this has a dramatic affect on the sound as it changes the resistance and output of the coils. so i was wondering is it possible to make a circuit that could vary between these two states. i think it might be but i would need a triple stacked variable resistor?!? and thats not the most common thing in the world! :(

any ideas or help would be appreciated!

thanks

Can't you just use a switch or relay to go from parallel to series?

yes i could but with a switch i have i there series or parallel but with a variable resistor or what ever is being used i have an infinite number of possibilities!!!!
anyone know were i could get a small 3 stack variable resistor?

I've just sketched it on a piece of paper.

You need a three pole switch, which might be difficult to find or alternatively, use a relay but that has the disadvantage of requiring a power source. A latching relay would be good as it only needs to be power for a short period but small latching relays are hard to find.

EDIT:
I don't see who this can be done with a variable resistor, either the pick-ups are in series or parallel, it's digital, a variable resistor is analogue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back