variable series and parallel pickups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the cracken

i was wondering if it were possible to make a circuit that could vary my guitar pickups. this is a bad explanation but hold on... i can switch my guitar pickups from parallel to series and this has a dramatic affect on the sound as it changes the resistance and output of the coils. so i was wondering is it possible to make a circuit that could vary between these two states. i think it might be but i would need a triple stacked variable resistor?!? and thats not the most common thing in the world!

any ideas or help would be appreciated!

thanks

yes i could but with a switch i have i there series or parallel but with a variable resistor or what ever is being used i have an infinite number of possibilities!!!!
anyone know were i could get a small 3 stack variable resistor?

I've just sketched it on a piece of paper.

You need a three pole switch, which might be difficult to find or alternatively, use a relay but that has the disadvantage of requiring a power source. A latching relay would be good as it only needs to be power for a short period but small latching relays are hard to find.

EDIT:
I don't see who this can be done with a variable resistor, either the pick-ups are in series or parallel, it's digital, a variable resistor is analogue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…