Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

verifying circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

studystudystudy

i try to build a energy harvesting circuit from some material capable to generated electric when applied mechanical force such as piezo.

despite all value in the circuit.

can my circuit work with this schematic design?

1. V1 is the input source **(ignored the value of V1)
2. the two zener diode D1 and D2 used to limiting the voltage. (back to back zener diode concept)
3. general diode D3,D4,D5,D6 act as rectifier.
4. c1 is used to stored the amount of energy
5. D7 and D8 is used to voltage regulator
6. c3 is used to stored the energy

please refer and see the attachment below

thank you very much, your helps will deeply appreciated

Attachments

• sample_askingRev01.png
    sample_askingRev01.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 165
A little piezo generates a tiny amount of current when it is vibrated. The zener diodes and other parts in your circuit will leak more current than the generated current so you will harvest nothing.

But if you used thousands (or millions) of piezos then maybe you could harvest a small amount of electrical power.
What will create the vibrations?

A piezo isn't going to produce much current at all unless it is for example compressed at high frequency with a lot of blocking force. It just sounds like a bad idea to even try. You will have to give more detail.

Last edited:
A little piezo generates a tiny amount of current when it is vibrated. The zener diodes and other parts in your circuit will leak more current than the generated current so you will harvest nothing.

thank audioguru, i actually put of lot of piezoelectric to generate amount of electric. despite the amount of eletricity can my circuit work?

A piezo isn't going to produce much current at all unless it is for example compressed at high frequency with a lot of blocking force. It just sounds like a bad idea to even try. You will have to give more detail.

thanks antknee, just assume the it compressed at high frequency with a lot of blocking force, can my circuit work to store the energy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back