Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vero multi-pin connector/header/plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps

hello any help on this would great as i am a bit lost.

i have made a little circuit that has about 24 individually controlled leds, the leds are attached by long wires from the strip/vero board. (48 wires in total)

i am hoping to disconnect all these leds from time to time. But as they are soldered onto the vero board, i will need to de-solder them each time i remove them. : /

so i thought a multi-pin plug connector of some type? but man, i have search for hours and just cannot get my head around which to buy. i fear the one i buy might be for a ribbon cable or not a type for a vero board. i also need to solder my led cables onto the plug and the socket needs to fit a vero board with 2.54mm pitch spacing.

i usually shop on RS-online as they have loads of parts, but i just cant work out what to buy .

thanks for any help

peace : )
harps

hi,
These MOLEX connectors are suitable for Vero board 0.1inch pitch.
**broken link removed**

You want the pcb plugs, headers and insert pins.

**broken link removed**

EDIT: if you dont have a crimp tool, small pliers will crimp them OK and/or solder

Last edited:
hello

i found these two a 2x 25 header pin that might fit underneath and through the vero board.

FCI | Connectors | General Purpose | Headers and PCB Receptacles | 2.54 mm FCI Bergstik |95278-101-50LF

and a plug that is also 25x2 that might be o.k to solder the leds onto ?

FCI | Connectors | General Purpose | Headers and PCB Receptacles | 2.54 mm FCI Dubox |89898-325LF

not sure if its the right path to take but its hopeful. : )

They look like surface mount components, not thru hole..???

thanks

so maybe i could buy 4 x 12way, i would need the header connector and pins ??

**broken link removed**
+
**broken link removed**
+
**broken link removed**

: ?

Last edited:
thanks , i ordered a few 10 ways and 2 ways ( as the 12 ways were out of stock)

just incase anyone else reads this in the future..

i added the wrong link above, the pins needed for these plugs are here
**broken link removed**

"
2.54MM KK MOLEX CRIMP TERMINAL PK 100 RC"

fingers crossed i got all i needed.

thanks for your help ericgibbs , i spent so long trying to find a solution last night and this morning . but, these molex look just the ticket!!

peace : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back