vero multi-pin connector/header/plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps

hello any help on this would great as i am a bit lost.

i have made a little circuit that has about 24 individually controlled leds, the leds are attached by long wires from the strip/vero board. (48 wires in total)

i am hoping to disconnect all these leds from time to time. But as they are soldered onto the vero board, i will need to de-solder them each time i remove them. : /

so i thought a multi-pin plug connector of some type? but man, i have search for hours and just cannot get my head around which to buy. i fear the one i buy might be for a ribbon cable or not a type for a vero board. i also need to solder my led cables onto the plug and the socket needs to fit a vero board with 2.54mm pitch spacing.

i usually shop on RS-online as they have loads of parts, but i just cant work out what to buy .

thanks for any help

peace : )
harps

hi,
These MOLEX connectors are suitable for Vero board 0.1inch pitch.
**broken link removed**

You want the pcb plugs, headers and insert pins.

**broken link removed**

EDIT: if you dont have a crimp tool, small pliers will crimp them OK and/or solder

Last edited:

They look like surface mount components, not thru hole..???

thanks

so maybe i could buy 4 x 12way, i would need the header connector and pins ??

**broken link removed**
+
**broken link removed**
+
**broken link removed**

: ?

Last edited:
thanks , i ordered a few 10 ways and 2 ways ( as the 12 ways were out of stock)

just incase anyone else reads this in the future..

i added the wrong link above, the pins needed for these plugs are here
**broken link removed**

"
2.54MM KK MOLEX CRIMP TERMINAL PK 100 RC"

fingers crossed i got all i needed.

thanks for your help ericgibbs , i spent so long trying to find a solution last night and this morning . but, these molex look just the ticket!!

peace : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…