Very Simple ISD1110 Schematic, yet no luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CircuitBent

This is the design I'm using (sorry for the mashup of schematics).
So what am I doing wrong here?

EDIT:
It is built, but does nothing.
I changed the layout to use two pushbuttons instead of the spdt (as it was intended to be, originally).
I also am going to reassemble it on a pc board, rather than breadboard.

Does anyone see any possible mistake in my schematic? Power supply issue, etc?

Thanks,
-C

Attachments

• Sampler.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 630
Last edited:
This is the design I'm using (sorry for the mashup of schematics).
So what am I doing wrong here?

hi,
If its the same as this dwg, then the 100K pull up resistors are missing.

Not sure what your switch mod is supposed to do.?

EDIT: the 1100 datasheet states internal pullups??? image #2

Attachments

• esp01 Nov. 30.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 774
  • esp02 Nov. 30.gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
hi,
Reading thru the datasheet shows the PLAYE/L pins must be pulsed LOW
the toggle switch you have fitted always holds one or the other LOW all the time.!

Last edited:
Are we to assume from your very brief post that you have infact built the circuit in your diagram? If yes, what problem are you having? Are you sure you have the correct type of microphone?

Correct.

And yes, I have assembled it, and it just isn't working.
Thanks for the input so far, folks.

hi,
Its just possible the switches you are using are 'noisy' and that could cause misoperation.

Does it work OK without the toggle, using only the push buttons.?

hi,
Its just possible the switches you are using are 'noisy' and that could cause misoperation.

Does it work OK without the toggle, using only the push buttons.?

That's a very good point! I should have tried that. Let me go see. I will be right back.

Dang. No luck :/
I think I might try building it on a pc board (instead of breadboard), just to make 100% sure that all the contacts are together.

Does the recod LED come on when it is supposed to? Have you checked your Vcc pins for the correct voltage. The 7805 may drop out if the batt is near 7V.

Does the recod LED come on when it is supposed to? Have you checked your Vcc pins for the correct voltage. The 7805 may drop out if the batt is near 7V.

Nope, the record LED doesn't come on. And I can't check voltage because I don't have ANY testing equipment :[
That is currently my biggest overall problem.

What do you mean the 7805 may drop out if the battery is near 7v?

Also, this is where I got that top part of the schematic from (see below).
Is it incorrect that I scrapped that bottom-right connection? (JP2, point 2)
**broken link removed**

PS: Thanks for your help and patience! I really wouldn't have expected this on my first thread.

Last edited:
Nope, the record LED doesn't come on. And I can't check voltage because I don't have ANY testing equipment :[
That is currently my biggest overall problem.

What do you mean the 7805 may drop out if the battery is near 7v?

If you notice the circuit drawing with the regulator the input shows 7-36v. If the voltage is below 7v then the regulator might not work.

Without a meter it will be tough to find your problem. Let's assume you have wired the whole thing correctly as in your first drawing. If this is the case, then I would be inclined to believe that your power source is the trouble.
If you have a ACDC wall adapter that puts out DC volts greater than 7v, then you might try the adapter in place of the battery.
Just make sure it outputs DC and use correct polarity.

Best bet is get a meter. They can be had very cheaply.

You show a ground symbol on the 7805 schematic, and 3 more on the ISD1100 schematic. Are all of them connected together as they should be?

question about isd1110

Hi...Im new with this...were you able to make it work??? I read all you wrote!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…