Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VHF transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudyyy

hello guys i want a transistor that will work in the VHF range my signal frequency is 50MHz in my country VHF transistor are hard to find will the c640 transistor work and if it is please show its datasheet casue i couldnt found it

That's an incomplete part number, the nearest I can think of is the BC640.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2006/12/BC640.pdf

What gain do you require? The GBWP is 100MHz so I wouldn't expect much at 50MHz, 2 maybe, if it's just an oscillator then it'll probably work but I wouldn't recommend it for an amplifier.

Transistors identified as "c640" are probably "2sc640".
There is a tendency to miss off the 2s part of the number for some reason.

As for the question whether it will work at 50 Mhz, I guess it all depends on what you want it to do at 50Mhz?

Low noise amplifier?
Power Amplifier?
or????

JimB

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back