Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

vibrating cd cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

trimard

hi, i am not a crack in electronics, but i want to build the next idea:
A compact disc cover that vibrates on audio pulses. What i need is a 'tiny' circuit that reacts on some sort of sound pulse, or sound level, whatever and puts a tiny pager motor in action. A battery is connected on the outside of the cd cover. the next circuit approches my goal a little bit: https://www.electronic-circuits-diagrams.com/audioimages/audiockt14.shtml . Except for the part that i only need 1 led output for activating my motor. Also this maybe ? https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/motor_light/021/
Any genious out there with some ideas? you're very welcome!
thanks,
Trimard

One problem that I can foresee is that you would have to have a CD player that handles vibration very well.

Go to search and type in words like LED, audio, etc.

There have been a number of queries on people wanting an LED to pulse to the music. It would be extremely simple to swap the LED for a vibrating mototr.

this is one of the most ridicilous design ideas I have heard in my life! LOL

but if you really want it, why not just open and close the cover yourself?

and good luck in finding a ridiculously small motor.

The only way I can see it done if even that is to use magnetism. Remember in school how you wrapped a nail with wire, and then hooked it to a battery? Yes, it made a short circuit, but the magnet power was good, the nail can pick up other non-magnetic nails.

If you can incorporate this idea in your CD player, you will be set. You will also need a spring. What will happen is that the CD player's door will be open by default. When power is applied to the magnet, the door will close.

Just make sure you do NOT buy a heavy-duty spring or it won't work.

Think i explaned this a little confusing..

well,
i think i have expressed myself a little confusing. I want to build the following: a cd box (where a compact disc is stored in) which contains a little circuit (motor etc) connected to an external battery and to the phones plug on a cd player. When one is listening the cd on his player and the phones jack is plugged in, the cd box must vibrate to the rythems i have composed on the disc. Maybe this explanation may clear things up. As mstechca stated, a quite ridiculous idea, but i really want to build it..
thanks for the replies on the other hand,
Trimard

**broken link removed**

a little different intended purpose, but it's a circuit that makes a pager motor vibrate in response to sound, so it should work for you...

MStechca,
Haven't you seen the "vibrate" motor in a pager or cell phone?
My daughter's cell phone fell off the top of her car and got run over by a few hundred cars. I salvaged many parts but wondered what was one. It was the tinyest electric motor with offset weight on its shaft that I have ever seen! About 1/8th inch diameter and about 3/8th of an inch long. With 1.5V, it vibrates so strongly and is so small that I can't hold on to it. :lol:

I know that cell phones vibrate, but CD covers, LMAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back