Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MARINE1142

Can anyone help or lead me in the right direction. I was looking to wire up and build a home video server to hold my dvd collection and watch it in different rooms. Any info or direction would be great.

I like MythTV ... it has a MythVideo module which lets you browse a video collection. a few downsides to myth are a) the tv guide portion goes away in about a month b) you need a fairly powerful computer in each room you want to access the system

just go to walmart and grab a bunch of $40 dvd players, it'll be loads cheaper than a client-server setup, a lot easier to operate and take a lot less electricity.

I have a home video / music / photo server using **broken link removed**

It supports many operating systems (I use a Clark Connect Linux server) and lots of UPNP clients. Netgear, Dlink, Philips, iPaq, XBOX 360, Sony PS3...

Works like a charm with my Dlink DCM-320
It even supports some of the Kodak photo frames (photo mode only)
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back