Videos to computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cletis344

Hello,
I have a JVC digital video camera and I'm trying to get some of my videos on the computer but can't figure out how, could someone please help me. Thanks.
Scott

are you trying to download videos from jvc to pc ?, refer the manual for the interfaces the camera provides like usb/firewire(ieee1394), analog out ..etc .
since it is a digital cam..i presume it should support the firewire bus, so that u can use an add on card to pc to download the video. usb download is very slow compared to 1394

I've done this recently, with a Sony DV cam-corder.

As suggested you need a Firewire socket, I added a Belkin one to my computer, it adds three Firewire ports and three USB 2.0 ports as well. It also came with a Firewire cable (which are expensive to buy), and all the required software. I can happily recommend it!.

As long as you run XP then no drivers are required, although drivers are supplied for older systems.

Be aware that it takes HUGE amounts of hard drive space and you really require a VERY fast machine to play with video (I don't have one, so it's quite a slow process.

For an example, the 28 minute video of my daughters band took 5.8Gb of hard drive space, and almost 4 hours to convert to DVD format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…