Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice loudness indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone suggest a simple circuit for this please. My apologies if my description is unclear in anyway.

I want to build a small device to indicate the loudness of a speaker's voice. A person speaks and at a certain volume level (adjustable with a VR) an LED starts to flash. Below the threshold the LED stays off, above the threshold , the LED flashes. It doesn't matter if the LED flashes in a continuously variable way like an analoge VU meter (although that would be an advantage) or if it just flashes at a pre-set frequency once the volume reaches the threshold level.

The distance from the speaker of the device will be about 1 meter or less.

I imagine a small circuit with a condenser mic and some sort of amplifier in a plastic box with a battery. Nothing fancy.

My first thought was a voice activated switch of some kind but I assume that this would just switch on once and stay on until turned off. Maybe I'm wrong about that.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Trevor

hi,
Get the datasheet for the LM3915 ic.:)

**broken link removed**

For less than $6 you should just buy their kit and build it.

The circuit looks OK. Includes a microphone and is powered from a 9V battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back