Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

camhar25

I'm building a hydrogen generator as an enhancer for my jeep. To make a long story short, I need a schematic for a variable voltage supply. The criteria is 0-1 volt. This will be used to test my circuit for the effi device that I have created.
I know this is probably a simple request ,but I'm just getting back into the electronics hobby. It's been about 35 years since I tinkered with this hobby. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

It takes a massive amount of power to make hydrogen. The engine will gain a tiny amount of power from the hydrogen. You probably don't want to spend a fortune on gasoline for the engine's alternator to make hydrogen.

If you manufacture hydrogen overnight using mains electricity then it still costs more than it produces.

Mike - you need to determine the current requirements. Is the lowest voltage really zero? Simple 3 terminal regulators only go down to 1.25 volts - but can be arranged to provide the very low or zero to some value as an output.

regulator

Ineed to get at least below .5 volts and up to 1 volt to test my circuit. Any ideas on a setup?

Thanks
Mike

Current

I'm trying to trick the computer in the car. The O2 sensor puts out a signal from 100 t0 800 Mv . I have created a device to set the voltage at 100 mv which will create a lean conditon. With the hydrogen supplement this will be fine. I need to test the device with the 0-1 volt reading.

Did you try the pulsed electrolysis from Stan Meyer?
Instead of doing common electrolysis with poor efficiency, you can try making a train of short pulses. It seems that the efficiency increase.
G

camhar25 said:
I'm trying to trick the computer in the car. The O2 sensor puts out a signal from 100 t0 800 Mv . I have created a device to set the voltage at 100 mv which will create a lean conditon. With the hydrogen supplement this will be fine. I need to test the device with the 0-1 volt reading.
Since the computer input is likely high impedance, all you would need is a pot (say 10k ohm) connected to a voltage reference such as a zener diode. 5.1V to 6.2V zeners are fairly stable with temperature. There are also many inexpensive voltage reference ICs that you could use for the best stability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back