Voltage regulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

camhar25

I'm building a hydrogen generator as an enhancer for my jeep. To make a long story short, I need a schematic for a variable voltage supply. The criteria is 0-1 volt. This will be used to test my circuit for the effi device that I have created.
I know this is probably a simple request ,but I'm just getting back into the electronics hobby. It's been about 35 years since I tinkered with this hobby. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike

It takes a massive amount of power to make hydrogen. The engine will gain a tiny amount of power from the hydrogen. You probably don't want to spend a fortune on gasoline for the engine's alternator to make hydrogen.

If you manufacture hydrogen overnight using mains electricity then it still costs more than it produces.

Mike - you need to determine the current requirements. Is the lowest voltage really zero? Simple 3 terminal regulators only go down to 1.25 volts - but can be arranged to provide the very low or zero to some value as an output.

regulator

Ineed to get at least below .5 volts and up to 1 volt to test my circuit. Any ideas on a setup?

Thanks
Mike

Current

I'm trying to trick the computer in the car. The O2 sensor puts out a signal from 100 t0 800 Mv . I have created a device to set the voltage at 100 mv which will create a lean conditon. With the hydrogen supplement this will be fine. I need to test the device with the 0-1 volt reading.

Did you try the pulsed electrolysis from Stan Meyer?
Instead of doing common electrolysis with poor efficiency, you can try making a train of short pulses. It seems that the efficiency increase.
G

Since the computer input is likely high impedance, all you would need is a pot (say 10k ohm) connected to a voltage reference such as a zener diode. 5.1V to 6.2V zeners are fairly stable with temperature. There are also many inexpensive voltage reference ICs that you could use for the best stability.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…