Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

volume based traffic control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay_invi

hi am looking for some an idea on how to control traffic signal's timing interval on the basis of number of vehicles standing at a red signal.

to describe my question take a situation when 10 cars stand at red signal and green signal is given for only 20 seconds nd only 1 car is at red signal and the same 20 seconds is given.. v can give more time for the side with heavy traffic nd less for t side which has low traffic.. and ofcourse everything should be automatic..infra red ray nd sensor can be used bt will be a nasty blow if something else other than vehicles closes it.. so dudes give me some practical ideas....:)

Last edited:
Is this for a real application or a school project? I know its done commonly here in the USA, but i am not sure of the exact method. Talking to a traffic engineer would likely be a place to start.

Your controller knows the state of the lights, so you could simply count cars approching the red, or change the timing of the light when traffic at the red backs up to a set distance from the light.

Around here sensors are buried under the road and dectect a large metal mass passing over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back