Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wahts the deference of solid dtate Relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rami00972

whats the deference between the solid state relay and other relays, this is the first time that i see relay called steady state. whats its purpose.

Attachments

• 573px-Solid-state-relays.jpg
    573px-Solid-state-relays.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 135
the difference is that it doesn't work with a current through a coil creating an magnetic field that's opparating switch contacts

an solit state is a relay that does this pure with semiconductors

so no moving parts that can wear out no swittshing contacts that can get dirty and corode and can get burned in they can create sparks with all problems from that

other big diference is the price
solid state relais that can switch some power equipment (5 KW or more) are extreemly exspensive

but in aplication like a gas store or supply station you need to have them
Robert-Jan

rjvh said:
the difference is that it doesn't work with a current through a coil creating an magnetic field that's opparating switch contacts
an solit state is a relay that does this pure with semiconductors
so no moving parts that can wear out no swittshing contacts that can get dirty and corode and can get burned in they can create sparks with all problems from that

Robert-Jan

you mention "pure with semiconductors" oh can we make high frequency pwm with it.
and in the normal mechanical relay there is a reverse current i thing here there isn't is this prob ..,am i right

Last edited:
yes you can use these devises in combination wit PWM and since it has no coil and a phisical magnetic core it has also not the reverse curent

and they are capabale switching at much higher frequenties

Robert-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back