Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wanna build a universal TV remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

mash123

I saw on many sites of these mini universal TV remotes that only need you to press on the mute button until the TV mutes and then you can use the remote well, I wanna build one of those to so, can the expertise of this site help me? Perhaps some schematics or diagrams?

The schematic is simple - micro-controller, transistor driver, and an IR LED.

But it's the software that is difficult!, you first need to obtain the codes for thousands of different remotes, them devise a scheme to store them in very little memory - the actual transmission part is trivial (check my PIC tutorial on Sony IR remotes).

Um, can you post up a schematic of some sort to give me a rough idea of how i'm suppose to put it all together?

Buy one from a cheep store, if you want to lear how it works take it to pieces and look at the output with an oscillosope as you press different buttons. It'll probably cost you more to build than it would to buy.

They can be had for like $9.95 at Walmart here in the US. You did not fill in your location.

Are you talking one that will learn the signals from an existing remote, or one with all the codes in it. Either way, Nigel and Hero are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back