Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wasting time with the pickit2 lowpin count board

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

Wasting time I been trying some C out using the low pin count board that comes with the pickit2

My adc reading is set to a 8 bit read I set the pot to the 5 volt side and as high as it goes is 4.13 volts.

I'm thinking what the heck is going on here it should be reading VDD but it's not.

Well the pickit2 has a pulldown resistor on it 4.7 k and the lowpin count has a 1k on the wiper
so pot set to VDD we now have a voltage divider what would the maxim voltage be you got it 4.13 unhook the pickit2 and my lost 1 volt come back LOL it's now 5 volts

Well the pickit2 has a pulldown resistor on it 4.7 k and the lowpin count has a 1k on the wiper
so pot set to VDD we now have a voltage divider what would the maxim voltage be you got it 4.13 unhook the pickit2 and my lost 1 volt come back LOL it's now 5 volts

So how do you expect a 'low count board' to work?.

Fairly obviously it has to use some of the processor pins for programming, and there aren't many to spare :D

It's perfectly normal to have to disconnect the programmer for the program to work, even on larger chips (when you are using all or most of the pins).

My current project with the 16F1827 has to be unplugged as well, not for lack of pins, but because I'm using the external 32KHz oscillator for TMR1 - and this uses the same pins as ICSP. It programs fine, but the 32KHz won't run with the programmer plugged in - as I expected.

I no what it has the point to this post is don't always think there something wrong with your code till you set and have a good look at the hardware. I new the pickit had them pull downs and I new it had the 1 k on the wiper. And I new my code was right so why did it spend a hour figuring what's wrong with this thing. cause I new it was right LOL ;);)

Point is take a good look at your hardware before you nine times out of ten you have a pin pulling the wrong way. :D:D

Hay the dang thing is made to be used with the pickit2 and has no power hook up per say, But I never tried to read the ADC output with serial using the 16f690

That chip has AN0 with PGD nice voltage divider there. I always use my own boards. I spent a good hour trying to figure where I was losing a volt at 211 was as close as it gets to 255 LOL And I have made a bunch of pickit2's and I know there are pulldowns in the pickit2 Just never used it with AN0 on the data line and reading adc.

Just goes to show you need to check the hardware before you beat your head on the table because you tossed out good code. Not a big loss Just working on some C skills. I don't want to be basic all my life. :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back