Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water heater timer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will need to know more detailed functional requirements before we can be of much help.

It's like saying "help me build a house". But we don't know how big the house should be, how many rooms it should have, or where it should be built!

You need to fill in the missing information.

hey thanks phasor,
i want to devolop a water heater timer that switches on and off the heater at a scheduled time, ie the device switches on the water heater at 6'0 clock and switches off at 6'30.
I also want an manuall over ride tat is the user should be able to switch the heater on and off when required.
hey thaks for replyin

ajay.ar said:
hey thanks phasor,
i want to devolop a water heater timer that switches on and off the heater at a scheduled time, ie the device switches on the water heater at 6'0 clock and switches off at 6'30.
I also want an manuall over ride tat is the user should be able to switch the heater on and off when required.
hey thaks for replyin

These are freely and cheaply available, it would cost you a great deal more to build your own - so is this a school assignment?.

yes nigel, i am fresh guy and dont have any knowledge anyway thanks for ur info. can u tell me where to get that from and also if u could give its layout with more advanced functions i will be greatful

ajay.ar said:
yes nigel, i am fresh guy and dont have any knowledge anyway thanks for ur info. can u tell me where to get that from and also if u could give its layout with more advanced functions i will be greatful

You can get them from any builders merchants or DIY store, a digital central heating clock is all you need. You can also buy digital timers to turn a power socket On and OFF, or wired ones to feed water heaters.

They are all common electrical items.

ajay.ar said:

If the timer you buy does not have an over-ride function, you can put a toggle switch in parallel with the timer contacts. Make sure your switch is rated for the full load current.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back